3 in stock
What is vitamin D?
This fat-soluble vitamin is naturally found in very few food-based sources. However, vitamin D’s functions in the body are very wide-ranging. When skin is exposed to UV sunlight, the body produces a form of vitamin D nearly identical to vitamin D3, also called cholecalciferol. Vitamin D3 may be more than three times as effective in raising D levels in the bloodstream and maintaining that concentration for a longer period of time than other forms of vitamin D supplements.
How does vitamin D support health?
- Contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation
- Supports proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems
- Promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium
- Supports fetal skeletal development and tooth enamel formation
- Contributes to healthy levels of phosphorus in the body